Thursday, September 12, 2013
M
I see why critics would pay attention to pairs in films and how they compare or contrast to each other. In this film both the thieves guild and police, albeit for different reasons, are going for the same prize, the murderer. However, the two, naturally, take different paths towards achieving this goal. I think the reason that critics pay attention to these pairs in film is to try and get a better understanding of the main focus of the film. Like in the case of this film, where although the police and thieves guild are searching for the same person, and for different reasons, in retrospect they are actually taking the limelight off of the murderer himself. The viewer is getting a better view of the film as a whole and the message it is trying to put across.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with you that by comparing the two groups give a better sense of what the film is trying to say, but in your analysis you don't really mention what that the message is or how the two differ. Can you explain further?
ReplyDelete