Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Introduction

Hello fellow bloggers,

My name is Louie Virant and I am a 5th year Criminal Justice major at UC.  I was born in raised in the place where dreams come true, Cleveland, Ohio.  My hobbies include sports whether it is watching them or participating in them, watching films and playing video games.  In addition to being a full time student I work full time as well so the amount of new films I have seen has decreased dramatically.  However, I still enjoy watching the films I have collected throughout the years.  

The reason I took this class was to get a different perspective about watching films as well as to broaden my horizon on the different films out there.  Often times I find myself watching too many present day films and it gets boring, so to hear that we will be watching films from many different decades really excites me.  In addition, I will also enjoy reading the different perspectives all the bloggers have about the movies we will be watching.

Like I previously have said I watch many present day movies (movies of the past 20 years).  My favorite genre can be narrowed down to two different ones, Action/Adventure and Drama.  In addition, to genre I cannot narrow my favorite actor down to any one actor.  However, if I had choose I would say Hugh Jackman, Matt Damon and John Cusack are my top three actors and Hilary Swank, Jodie Foster and Charlize Theron are my top three actresses.  Finally, my top ten list of movies, the one I wrote in class was not accurate because I tried to include different genres.

Top Ten Movie Choices:
1. Shawshank Redemption
2. Gladiator
3. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
4. For Love of the Game
5. Saving Private Ryan
6. The Departed
7. Million Dollar Baby
8. Black Hawk Down
9. Good Will Hunting
10. The Dark Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment